October 27, 2016
- This is the last week to bring in non-perishables for our "Cans Because We Care" drive!!
- Tomorrow is Spirit Day!
- Students who will be participating in the State Spell Bee in Orlando must have their permission slips and payments turned in by THIS FRIDAY no later than noon to be registered.
October 27, 2016
- Congrats to the swim team for a district meet full of personal best times. Jeffrey Sober will be advancing to regionals as the district runner up for his 200 Free. We have to wait for final results but we hope that our girls and boys relays, Eliza Hess’s 500 free and Jeffrey’s 100 Fly will be able to advance to regionals since they made top 8. Congrats RBCS Swim team for a job well done.
- Pastors, Prayers, and Pastries will be on Tuesday, November 1, from 8:30-10 AM. Students will have a pastry with their pastor. Parents are welcome to join us for this event, or help your student invite their pastor. Please rsvp to this event at email@example.com Churches who have responded are Forest Lake, Crosspoint, First Baptist Niceville, Valparaiso Assembly, Beach Side Community, Destin Church of Christ, First Pentecostal Church, Manna Church West Florida, First Baptist Baker, and Emerald Coast Church. Invitations are outside of Mrs. Shaw’s office and info is on www.rbcs.org.
- Your deadline for turning in your internships are Thursday, November 10th.
- There is a list of students that still owe for the PSAT and PreACT exams posted on the testing bulletin board. Several emails went out to parents and a letter was sent home with students that still owe fees. Please check the board for your name and get these fees turned in ASAP!
- ALL 9th and 10th grade students will take the PreACT on Tuesday, November 8th. Please plan accordingly.
- Club Presidents, please let Ben Esses and/or Charis Allen know if your club is having a float in the homecoming parade on Friday afternoon, October 28th.
- Attention Jr. Beta & Middle School SGA: We are having a homecoming meeting during lunch this Thursday in Ms. Knie’s room. Don’t forget we need a huge amount of candy. If you are able to help make float decorations this week or after school, please let Ms. Knie know ASAP.
- Spanish Club People please go to room 803 to pack up candy during lunch today
- Calling ALL Mu Alpha Theta Members! Please bring a bag of candy to Mr. Alldredge's room BEFORE end of the day today! All Mu Alpha Theta members should bring a bag of candy!!!
- Student Decoration Contest: LAST HOURS OF DECORATING HALLS BY THE STUDENTS ARRE HAPPENING NOW!!!!!!!
- Each grade is to decorate a DESIGNATED area of the academy hallways for Homecoming week. Decorations must be completed for judging this afternoon (Oct. 27). Decorations must be securely fastened and must not interfere with entry/exit ways, fire alarms, security cameras or lockers. Anything attached to walls must be held by painter's tape so the walls aren't damaged. The winning class will win bragging rights and the winning class gets a casual day on Monday! The winner will be announced at the game!
- There will be a Float Committee meeting in Mr. Alldredge's room during lunch today. This is for Float Committee people only, BUT we can certainly use help from any Mu Alpha Theta Member who would like to work on the float!
- Attention Juniors: Is your family a CHELCO member? Are you interested in a FREE two day visit to Tallahassee to see the Capitol, legislators, the Florida Supreme Court, and the Challenger Learning Center? If you can answer YES to these questions, please see Mrs. Trippe in guidance for details.
- Attention Sophomores: If you would like to attend the HOBY Leadership Seminars in Tallahassee this summer, please see the testing bulletin board for more information or see Mrs. Trippe.
October 27, 2016
- After School Clubs are as usual, including that this Thursday is Photography Club, rather than Yearbook Club.
- It’s Spirit Week! The students may dress up as follows:
- Monday: Hallelujah Day (Bible character)
- Tuesday: Future Me Day
- Wednesday: Luau /Hawaiian Day
- Thursday: Storybook character Day
- Friday: RBCS Spirit Day. Show your school spirit in fun, crazy, creative ways!
To assist parents in their God-given responsibility to train and develop in their children a Biblical worldview, Christian character, and the skills necessary to fulfill God’s calling in their lives.
To impact the world by equipping each generation to use their God-given abilities as Champions for Christ.