Get involved in the life of your students!
Join the RBCS Parent Volunteer Organization (PVO)
PVO President: Richelle Nodine
Mandy Boerma: Room Parents
Jeannie Mistretta: Prayer Partners
Kim Cannon: Special Events
Rosa Baltz: Parent Ambassadors
Candace Battles: Lunch Monitor
This parent-led organization focuses on four areas:
- Room Parents – This opportunity is 2-3 hours per month assisting with classroom needs, communicating with parents, representing at events, and celebrating your teacher.
- Prayer Partners – As a prayer partner, you commit to 30 minutes per month in person or at home, monthly Park & Pray Wednesday mornings, and praying for school, faculty, and students as possible.
- Parent Ambassadors – This is a flexible option involving reaching out to new families and welcoming them to RBCS, answering questions parent-to-parent via email, phone, or text.
- Special Event Help – Assist with various events like Fall Festival, Picture Day, Grandparent’s Day, Pop Up Spirit Shops, and sporting events. Plenty of notice given, and you can help when it fits your schedule.
- Our PVO hosts a monthly Park & Pray from 7:50-8:15 am on half day Wednesdays where you can meet in the parking lot to pray for our school with staff and parents on both campuses.
- Monthly PVO meetings are held in the Office of Admission from 8:15-9:30 am directly following Park & Pray.
Come meet with us and find fun ways to belong to the Rocky Family!
Questions? Email PVO President Richelle Nodine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grandparents Day is one of our most popular events each year. Hundreds of grandparents come on campus to support their grandchild(ren) and learn more about their spiritual and educational experience at Rocky.
RBCS Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
2021 PAC President Crystal Tingle
2021 PAC Secretary Wendy Justice
2020 PAC Former President Doug Wilson
Staff Liaison Holly Riches
PAC Purpose: To directly connect Superintendent and representative parents, creating a discussion based, relational environment for change that extends between administration and parents, for the good of both, within the context of the RBCS community.
- Membership is by invite only.
- Members must have been a positive part of the RBCS community for at least on school year.
- Members must attend regular zoom meetings as possible. Time commitment is 2 hours a month.
- Members must positively support the RBCS Administration, faculty, and staff.
- Members must exercise discretion, respect the opinions of others, and desire to communicate beneficial information both to the PAC and to other parents.
Feel free to contact the Parent Advisory Council with any concerns, issues, or positive feedback after you have communicated with the appropriate teacher, Administrator, or staff member per Matthew 18 guidelines.
The Knights Athletic Boosters raise money to support hundreds of athletes participating in 24 different sports. Offering Athletic Sponsorships, Banner Sales, Fun Runs, and Spirit Wear Sales, the Knights Boosters support and encourage physical activity and health and wellness here at Rocky.
To join or get more information, please email Booster President Brice Early at email@example.com.
Knights Band Boosters
RBCS Band Boosters support and encourage our marching band/pep band, performance bands, and color guard. To participate, one must be a parent of a student in above mentioned programs. Fundraising efforts including concessions at home football games, Boston Butt orders, and quarterly Used Uniform Sales. The RBCS Band Boosters are currently saving to repair or replace the band truck and purchase equipment for the band room, as well as assisting with funds for band trips and activities.
For more information, please email Band Booster President Kristin Weinstock at firstname.lastname@example.org.