What is the process to apply and enroll at Rocky? How do I get started?
The admission process is broken down into easy to follow steps. We will be with you every part of the way, ready to answer your questions.
STEP 1: Check out our School Philosophy and Expectations
- Take an in person or zoom tour so we can show you around, answer your questions, and communicate to you the scholarship opportunities that may be available to offset tuition costs. Schedule a Tour
If you are unable to tour, you may apply before you tour or shadow in order to take advantage of the application fee waiver offered in late winter.
- Have your student shadow on select days by contacting our office at email@example.com.
- If you will be applying for in house RBCS Tuition Assistance, please do so at the same time as applying for admission to the school.
STEP 2: Create an Account and Begin an Online Application
Please be aware that we are currently still accepting all applications, although the following sections of our school have limited to no available seating for the fall of 2021. RBCS is accepting applicants to our Wait Pool. For more information and details by class and section, we encourage you to call the Office of Admission at 850.279.3727.
Limited to no seating availability as of mid-April:
Traditional K4, K5 and 1st-6th/9th
Special Services Kindergarten/1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/7th
STEP 3: Submit All Applicable Documents
Kindergarten applicants (3, 4, or 5 years old):
- Pastoral Reference (preferred)
- Preschool Evaluation (if attending a program as a 3, 4, or 5 year old)
1st-12th grade applicants before grade placement testing (Required):
- Pastoral Reference (preferred)
- School Reference by Administrator
- Student Recommendation by Teacher
- Report Card (1st – 8th) or Transcript (8th – 12th)
- IEP, 504 Plan and/or other Diagnostic Testing, if on McKay, Gardiner, or in Special Services (7th-12th) or Talent Development (K-6th)
All applicants after acceptance and before financial completion (Required):
- Birth Certificate
- Florida Immunization 680 or Religious Exemption 681
- Florida Health Exam Form 3040 or Out of State Health Exam from within 1 year
STEP 4: Submit Application with fee
- After completing each form on the Application, you will reach the Application Review screen.
- Review your Application and then click the Complete Review and Submit Application button.
- Next, you will click Submit Application & Make Payment.
- Enter your payment information and click Submit.
STEP 5: Student Questionnaire and Grade Placement Testing (students entering 2nd-12th grades only)
STEP 6: Family Interview
- After all applicable documents and test results have been received and processed, the Principal will review the application and schedule a mandatory family interview.
STEP 7: Admission Decision
- The applicant’s family will be notified of one of the following:
- Acceptance and placement in an agreed upon grade
- Acceptance and placement in the Wait Pool
- Wait Pool status is good for the current school year until February 1st, at which point applications will be accepted for consideration for the next school year.
- Acceptance and placement cannot be made at this time.
STEP 8: Financial Arrangements
- Once you have received your acceptance letter, you will be contacted to set up an appointment for financial arrangements.
- In most cases, a new student may begin school during the school year 48 hours after financial arrangements are complete.
- Kindergarten screenings may be scheduled for some students about one week prior to the first day of school.
Rocky Bayou Christian School is a K-3 through 12th grade college preparatory Christian school with campuses in Niceville and Crestview offering traditional, special services, online academy and homeschool programs. RBCS is accredited through the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (FACCS) and is committed to equipping generations to use their God-given abilities as Champions for Christ. RBCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in any of its programs.